Sunday, September 4, 2011

Colette Patterns Fall Wardrobe Challenge

fall inspiration board
So I've once again signed myself up for the sewalong at Colette Patterns.  Last spring, I attempted the spring wardrobe challenge and only managed to get through one dress (though I have worn that one dress dozens of times since--it's the Colette that can be seen here on my PatternReview page).  This time, I'm setting my sights a little bit higher.
My inspiration board features soft lines, retro (40s and 50s) sillhouettes and lots of gold and cream embellishments and accessories.  I'll be working from a palette of green, brown, and goldenrod shades, with some deep grey accents here and there.  So far I have six garments in mind, and seven weeks left in which to work; we'll see how far I make it this time!
 The Lineup
Item 1: Decades of Style Button Dress.  I had already decided to make this for an event I'll be attending this month, and it fits in my colour scheme, so it was an easy pick.
Item 2: Trousers from Simplicity 4044.  Originally wanted to make these in a camel wool from my stash, but discovered it was barely a yard of material.  Yahoo.  I will have to figure something else out; I love these pants and especially the little dip at the waistband.
Item 3:Decades of Style Gourmet Skirt.  This has the same cute waistband detail as the Simplicity trousers.  Perfect!
Item 4: Decades of Style Collar Confection Blouse I am so excited about this one.  I've had this pattern for ages and finally cut it out in a divine green silk.
Item 6:  Colette Patterns Sencha. I've made this before in cotton and found it really, really short, so I'll be giving it some length and seeing how it goes.

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely adore the button dress, think I must whip over to decades site and pick that one up. Love your plan. I am trying not to put to much pressure on myself over this, but its hard.....I think the only thing I accomplish for the spring wardrobe was the design board....yeah, but I am already making more progress this time as I have a skirt cut out.

    Looking forward to sewing with you Vanessa

    www.sewingcafewithlynne.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Lynne, it's a must-buy! The finished product looks great and is really wearable--doesn't look "costumey" at all.

    ReplyDelete